1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

make your own magic switch

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by solarwnd, Mar 21, 2005.

1. solarwnd

solarwnd Member

ok.. lets say i have swap magic 3 and a new slim ps2. But i dont have a magic switch. Can i make my own "magic switch"?
    Lets say i stick a toothpick in the bottom right sensor, a wad of tape to hold the disc brake and a bent straw for the hinge sensor.

my order of swapmagic didnt come in yet but i managed to use my idea to have the lid open while the disc is still spinning. If that is the purpose (have the disc still spinning with the lid open) it worked and would swapmagic work with my home made "magic switch"?

thanks for any help

2. solarwnd

solarwnd Member

well... anyone?

3. solarwnd

solarwnd Member

can anyone help?

4. bolso

bolso Guest

yesterday i was wondering if that should work ... I hope so, and as soon as i get Swap Magic 3.3 i'll try my "home made magic switch" and tell you if it works !!!

I've seen some manuals and videos (http://www.mod-chip.com/pdf/Slimtool_english.pdf) and it seems that "Slim Tool Set" is nothing else than a few pieces of plastic :).

Let's try and see ...

5. Prize99

Prize99 Regular member

Yeah I read a credit card would work, not sure about slim line though. Its easier to buy the swap disc and flip top for new slim PS2.

6. pro`noob

pro`noob Regular member

open ps2 and tape or glue down both sensory, i found foam backed tape good for the rear sensor and a small bit of superglue for the front one, i also removed the cd brake using a screwdriver. you can do all this exept the superglue bit (just use other tape - i didnt have any around at the time) and keep your warranty.