1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Makeing a CD

Discussion in 'Audio' started by tiggerw, Dec 23, 2003.

1. tiggerw

tiggerw Member

It is more than obvious to me that I have happened on to some very fast company. Believe me fellers/ladies, I have long since ran out of fast time.My computer was purchased fore me by my son. I am just turned 79, mostly I chat on this beast, but in a weak moment I purchased the Nero 5.5, and at a time when I would get the free 6.0 upgrade. All I am wanting to do is make a CD of some of the music I accumulated during my over 20 years in Radio. I live mostly in a p[ower chair and I use oxygen from time to time. I have contacted Nero numerous times, and when they choose to answer I get a bunch of jargon, that I do not understand. I have had this program going on six months and still no CD. I have the patience and the perserverance, I AM NOT SURE of exactly the time left to make one. I find no place, after I have recorded, to save it and drag it to where I can put it on a CD
    If this kind of situation is not in your line, I will understand/.

2. tigre

tigre Moderator Staff Member

In what way is this music stored now?

3. tiggerw

tiggerw Member

winamp, plays the music I saved. I tried to recorsd to record to Nero wave editor. It sed it was recording, the amber lite was flashing the whole time, and sed it had been recorded satisfactraly but when I tried to play the CD.....NUTHING!!! This miserable piece of junk is makeing me older by the minute.

4. tigre

tigre Moderator Staff Member

Burning audio CDs with Nero should work like this:
    1. Start Nero Burning Rom (not Nero Wave editor, Nero Express etc.).
    2. A window appears. On its left side there's a list with icons. Choose "Audio-CD", then press "New".
    3. Now there's a CD Layout. Drag'n'drop audio files from Windows explorer window to the nero layout window.
    4. When there are enough tracks on the CD, press the "burn" icon and burn the CD.

If the resulting CD doesn't work as exspected, try different CD players - some CD player-media combinations don't work together.

If the result is not working at all, another reason could be the source files. Nero can't handle some filetypes. As workarround you can try converting the audio files to .wav format with dbPowerAmp Music Converter (free, available at http://www.dbpoweramp.com/) and feed the resulting .wav files to Nero as described above.