1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making 1:1 copy w/ ri4m and decrypter

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by dpage, May 2, 2007.

1. dpage

dpage Member

How can I make an exact 1:1 copy of a dvd using ripit4me and dvd decrypter? Do I just set the ripping settings to ISO and burn with decrypter? I heard setting it to iso can cause problems and is not recommended.

2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

It all depends on the movie. You'll just have to try it. Some movies have a lot of crap in them and it needs to be removed. This will not happen if you rip to ISO because FixVTS does not work with ISO files. In most cases it's best to rip the files and then create an ISO file with ImgBurn.

Last edited: May 2, 2007
  3. dpage

dpage Member

Yeah i heard of that too. I think you choose build and create an iso. the process i've had most success with is using rip4me then dvd shrink (which i don't always like cause i have dls and sometimes want to make 1:1 copies) then decrypter (I think i tried to burn with imgburn and had problems). So after rip4me, i can create iso with imgburn then maybe burn with decrypter?

4. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

For burning DL disks, IMO Imgburn is the best for that, however if you dont use good media IMGburn(or any other burning program) will not matter, Verbatims are the best hands down for DL disks.

5. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I agree with 300bowler!~ ImgBurn is the best for DL disks and Verbatim is the best DL disk out there. Start with good media and then use RipIt4me..... use the ONE CLICK button so it will rip and do FixVTS process after the rip. You don't have to make ISO when using ImgBurn with the DVD files....
    [​IMG]
    easy as 1, 2, 3, 4, 5! just add your folder with the DVD files to your source and go from there!

ImgBurn will pick out your best layer break for your DL disk or you can customize and pick your own layer break area!

6. dpage

dpage Member

yeah it was probably my media that was giving me problems with imgburn. i have office depot dls. i'll try that rip4me imgburn path though and if it doesn't work then it's probably the media. i'll just go the rip4me shrink decrypter route with the office depots and next time get verbatims.

7. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

you can do that route but there is no need to use shrink, just close shrink when you get to that part.