1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

making 2 movie DVDs into 1 DVD single layer

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Timm129, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Timm129

Timm129 Member

Hi
    Is it possible to take 2 DVD disks such as Back to the Future 1 and Back to the Future 2 and put them on one blank DVD single layer. I know there would be a lot of compression. I read all of the other post about it but I am also wanting to keep the menus such as scene selection. Is it possible???

Thanks.....

2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Reauthor mode in Shrink will. Rip the full disc to your hard drive (just one of them). Use reauthor mode, insert second disc, and find the movie files on your hard drive and on the disc itself. Using this method you will not be able to have functional menus though. There are programs out there that will let you have menus, but this is the only experience I've ever had doing this. By the way, if these movies are both DVD9 movies, you're gonna have a helluva lot of compression. Shrink might not be able to handle all of it. But you could run it through Shrink twice, that might work.

3. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

4. Timm129

Timm129 Member

Thanks for all the help .....