1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

making a .000 file

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by lieuwe118, Mar 20, 2007.

1. lieuwe118

lieuwe118 Member

hello,
    i just downloaded an IMAGE.iso file but if i burn the file as a iso it won't work so do i need to change itinto a .000 file or can i just make my own .dvd file to burn it?

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

open a new text document and type this

Layerbreak=1913760
    IMAGE.iso

save as image.dvd and burn that with xbox backup creator

3. lieuwe118

lieuwe118 Member

ok thank you,
    but another question.
    If i make the .dvd file with the layerbreak filled in, i heard from other guys that you need to open the .dvd file with notepad and copy the numbers from the layerbreak and fill them into IMGburn and that you need to delete the words 'LayerBreak=(numbers) and then save it so that you only have IMAGE.iso.

4. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

yeah you need to set it manually with imgburn, you dont have to do anything with xbox backup creator, thats what i would use if i was you

5. steimy

steimy Active member

You really do not need a DVD file. I use IMGburn 2.1 and set the layer break manually and i have burned both the DVD files and the ISO files and all of them have worked fine. You can burn either one as long as your burn it with the right program, layer break, and speed.

Setting Layer Break:
    tools-->settings-->write-->layer break. Check user specified and set it to 1913760. Click ok and burn as normal. This is only necessary the first time burning a 360 game

Last edited: Mar 20, 2007
  6. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Remember to change the layerbreak back if you decide to burn DVD movies as well with the same program. (IMGBurn,DVD Decrypter)