1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making a copy from a backup

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Newfee, Sep 19, 2004.

1. Newfee

Newfee Regular member

Hey guys. I was wondering how good the quality of a copy of a backup would be (or even if you can do it). Thanks.

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Newfee,

As your encryption is gone and the size is already established as perfect, your copy of a copy will be EXACTLY the same. There's no loss of quality as there was when you were trying to copy a VHS as in years gone bye -

Burn on my friend, burn on -- -

Cheers,

Pete

3. Newfee

Newfee Regular member

The "Answer Man" has again responded to my call for help...good job Scuba...I've got to tell you with all your help, and after my first 2 weeks of burning, I just helped a couple buddies over the weekend learn to burn...and of course I directed them to your threads when I wasn't around! Thanks!

Oh by the way Scuba, I haven't had any replies on another thread...can u help?

If I change my DVD-RAM properties in Windows XP to enable CD recording, will this screw anything up when I try to burn DVDs (without disabling this option first)? Do I have to disable before burning DVDs? Or do I simply just use Nero to burn CDs? It's just that when I'm copying pics to CD, the drag and drop option with XP might come in handy instead of using another proggy to copy to CD. Thanks...hope the questions make sense.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2004
  4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I wouldn't recommend enabling burning through windows. It's basically a crappy little packet writing app that can and will interfere with other burning apps.

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Newfee,

If you'll provide me with the thread's URL adress I'll check it out :)

Pete

6. Newfee

Newfee Regular member

Thanks for the info Nephilim...most of the advice I get are from you or Scuba...great job.

Scuba...the question from the other thread was basically the one I asked here...about the using the XP copying thing.

Again, the both of you...really appreciate all the help.

7. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Anytime :)

8. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

:) Ditto :)

Now that you're doing well, that doesn't mean it's time for you to leave - this is a give and take kind of deal - we had fun with you, now you get to have some fun yourself :)

It’s people like you who make this site work - You've seen how we work and, you see we had fun doing it -

Now it's your turn, stop back when you're free and help someone else - You'll have fun and a chance to learn some more, (teaching is a learning experience too you know) the people you help will appreciate it and it will make you feel better :)

Then you can “Welcome” them into our little Club :D

We hope to see you around when you're not having problems to solve -

You'll find us hanging out, over there by the water cooler under the potted palm, chewing the fat and trying to help the next Newbie with the weight of the burning world upon their shoulders -

We'll be looking for you -

Cheers,

Pete

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    The “old man” Pete (ö¿ô)
    Compaq 8000, Pent IV CPU 2.84GHz, 1024MB RAM, 520GB HD.
    Pioneer 107, 8X R/W , Nec R/W ND-1300A, JLMS DVD ROM.
    128MB GeForce4 TI 4200, O/S XP[/small]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2004