1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making a DVD live concert compilation to DVD

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by jhermens, Jun 24, 2003.

1. jhermens

jhermens Member

I have read most of these threads and still don't quite get it. What I would like to do is rip a specific song/chapter from a concert DVD and then another from some other concert DVD and so on. Then burn them onto a DVD I can play on my DVD player. I got as far as ripping with Smart Ripper. What utilities/applications do I need to finish. Does anyone know of a workflow they could direct me to. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

If you have the movie files on your HD now (Video TS, Vob, Bup,etc) then you just need to burn them onto disc using nero (or any other burning application) and the DVD video option to drag and drop the files and then burn. I presume you have ripped only the scenes you want? Make sure that the files are dragged in the correct order before burning.

3. Adder_78

Adder_78 Guest

This is how I would do it:

1.) Rip the songs in different folders. demux the sound and the video (*.m2v and *.ac3)

2.) Using DVD-authoring program like DVDmaestro or DVDlab(free demo). Then I would add more "movies" (=songs). Each of these "movies" only contains one song.

so I have like:

movie1 -> first *.m2v+*.ac3
    movie2 -> second *.m2v+*.ac3
    movie3 -> etc...
    movie4
    movieXX

Then I would edit the "Connections" so that when the song ends it would go to next etc (movie1 -> movie2 etc). (You can also do the menu). That should work in any DVD-player...

(why this way... because the structure of the song is not allways the same in different DVD's. The audio could be DD 5.1 / DD 2.0 / PCM etc... so you "cant" mux them all together)

4. jhermens

jhermens Member

Thanks, I'll give it a try.