1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making a fake drive to burn dvds

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by menime, Oct 27, 2003.

1. menime

menime Member

i only have a dvd-rom. would i be able to creat a fake drive on my compter and burn dvds on it or do i have to get a burner?
    Lee

2. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

i'd go with the fake drive--that way you could make fake backups and use fake dvd-r. It would be cheaper. You would just have to remember to fake it when you watch the backups.

3. Minion

Minion Senior member

But remember you will also need a fake DVD player and a Fake TV so you can watch your Fake DVD"s....

All Kidding aside I think you are Talking about a "Virtual Drive"..And for this you do not need one...If you just want to store the Video_TS folders untill you get a DVD Burner then that is all you have to do, Just author the DVD"s to a Video_TS Folder and you can watch the DVD"s on your PC and when you get a DVD Burner you just need to burn the Video_TS folders to DVD-R and you can watch them on your DVD player, so there is No need for a Virtual drive....Cheers

4. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

DVD-Rom to burn with - [bold]WTF[/bold] ? : )

If meaning as mentioned 'Virtual Drive' then no problem...you'll need to have a fair bit of HDD if storing lots mind.

5. menime

menime Member

i meant virtual drive u idiots. so can i do it making a "virtual drive"?

6. Minion

Minion Senior member

I allready Told you that there is absolutly no reason to make a Virtual Drive...There is absolutly no difference between storeing the Video_TS folders on your Hard drive or storeing them on a Virtual Drive..You can Watch the Movies just as easilly on your Hard drive as on a Virtual drive and when you get a DVD Burner you will be able to Burn the Movies Just as easy if they are on your Hard drive or on a Virtual Drive...so there is No advantage over storeing them on your HD as on a VD....

7. nobbi1977

nobbi1977 Member

Go in to C:, right click and make new folder call this "virtual drive" in that make a new folder called "Video_TS". You can do this as many times as you want "virtual drive1" "virtual drive2" etc :O)