1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making a FTP connection

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by bonddong, Mar 10, 2005.

1. bonddong

bonddong Member

Can I just hook a Ethernet cable to my xbox and straight to my computer are do I have to go through a router.

2. pacman33

pacman33 Guest

the only way you can use just a cable to ftp is if the cable is a crossover cable.( a cross over cable is a cable that looks just like a normal ethernet cable but has somehting inti that alows it to be used without a hub or router.) do ask me whats in it cause i really dont know lol. but they usualy only cost a little more then a normal ethernet cable and can usualy be picked up at any pc store. hope i was some help.
    pacman33

3. pacman33

pacman33 Guest

oh and just to tel you your xbox must be moded before you can ftp it also. and you must have a program to ftp it with like flashfxp. just click on the name and it gives you a place that you can get a version of the program at.
    good luck,
    pacman33

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2005
  4. bonddong

bonddong Member

Ok thanks my xbox does have a mod chip and it is flashed and I do have FlashFXP so I need a crossover cable Ok I was trying it with a Ethernet cable. thanks for your help.

5. mdsup

mdsup Guest

you can use a ethernet cable if you connect through a router.

6. pacman33

pacman33 Guest

No problem man.
    pacman33