1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

making a vcd with nero :(

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by vschaos, Dec 28, 2002.

1. vschaos

vschaos Member

Well of coarse I am like a newb to this. Well I have the most recent version of nero burner. I also have used tmpeg plud edition to code all my music to the mpeg format described by this site in order to burn it correctly to a cd-r and make it a vcd. I have tried burning at 4x since it says to burn as slow as possable for best results, but nothing works. The cd doesnt work in my house dvd player, computer dvd player, or my PS2. Maybe its my dvd players I dont know, but my house player is a bran new sony(dunno model off hand), but figure it should work. All I am wanting to burn and make into a vcd is music videos so its nothing real big like changing over formats since they were already in mpeg format. well anyway if anyone can help figure out my problem I would appreciate it. Thanks!

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Well if your are using nero to burn as standard compilant vcd then you should really have no problem. It doesnt work in the PC, thats weird but your player might not be compatible and ps2's dont play vcd!

3. dbecker

dbecker Regular member

to really test it, stick it back in the dvd rom of your computer. use explorer and find the folder mpeg. In it should by a file like AV001.dat... If there is a file there, then bring up win media player or a vcd player and find that file and hit play. In you dvd rom, it will not automatically play, you need to tell it where the video file is. make sure you are selecting video cd (not super) when burning with nero.

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

ye thats a way of testing alright but that doesnt tell you if the vcd itself is burned successfully, thats only the mpeg file but the specifications are what matter!

5. vschaos

vschaos Member

Well its does show all the movies i burned in that folder, but still doesnt play....I tried on my brothers dvd player in his truk which should definitly play it, but then again some dvd players wont play them. Maybe there is a setting that is not set correctly in the options that I have to change? I dunno I wish I could figure it out cause I hate going through all these cd's. Thanks for the help guys and if you have nay more info I would appreciate it.

6. jrockgal

jrockgal Member

I'm having the exact same problem too! My dvd reads it as "no disc" and ask me to insert a disc. I don't understand why...I have vcd's that work fine in there. Is there a difference between home-made vcd's and those that you can actually buy? The one's I buy work fine...but the one's I try to make do not work at all. Nero tells me everything is burned successfully, but when I try to open it on my computer there is nothing on the disc! Please help me!

Thanks!

Jrock Gal :)

7. vschaos

vschaos Member

Well I am going to try and burn it as a SVCD instead of a regular VCD and see what happens.

8. ps2wizard

ps2wizard Guest

Can someone plz give me a tutorial for nero 5.5.10.0. to copy dvd's. I've been using all kinds of programs it's driving me crazy!! All i want is to be able to copy dvd's. By the way clone cd4 works very well in copying cd based ps2 games. Thanks for any info.

9. newbee101

newbee101 Regular member

try nero express it's easy and fun and it works

10. ps2wizard

ps2wizard Guest

Do you have instructions. newb. Thanks.