1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making an iso of a game

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by jsloan10, Apr 3, 2007.

1. jsloan10

jsloan10 Guest

I have a legal copy of age of mythology for windows xp and I was wondering how to make a bootable iso of that disk so that I don't have to have the disk in to play the game. Anybody hae a good program or tut?

2. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

3. jsloan10

jsloan10 Guest

What? with all the time I spend asking redundant questions to people like you, I aint got time to learn myself.

4. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Aaaaah, you found the key word here : REDUNDANT.
    Not to mention simply reading the stickies and forum rules, you would have found the right forum to ask this in by now, which in turn would have saved you some of that precious time best spent doing other things.
    But i guess you'd rather spend your time being redundant and making threads that ultimately get closed...

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Making a backuyp of a legally purchased game is fine Fiend old buddy ;)

jsloan10,

Due to the copy protections they use in order to make a working copy of a game (i.e. one that boots as works exactly like the original) you're going to need specific software made to read and write copy protected games (Alcohol 120%, BlindWrite5, CloneCD) as well as an EFM-capable burner in order to accurately write the protections back to the copy. Unlike DVDs where you strip the protection then make a copy, PC games require the protection read then written back the the disc in order for it to work and that can be tough depending on the protection.

First off, what make/model burners do you have access to?

Another option would be to rip the disc to your hard drive then use a virtual drive and emulation to run it from there.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2007