1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making Backups for Xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Kaisor, May 19, 2004.

1. Kaisor

Kaisor Member

Hello yall..newbie here. I have really enjoyed all the information that the members have been supplying me with. I am able to burn DVD like the best of them by using SmartRipper, DVDix, and burning them with either Nero, Alcohol, or CDRWIN5. I have been searching the net and here and I was wondering if it is possible to do the following:

a. make a backup of Xbox games using a CD burner, if so how?

b. what programs are best to use and what steps I need to take (preferably a guide)

c. is it possible to play the backup without a modchip. I know it is possible to play backups on PS2 without a mod chip but I have found mix results pertaining to the Xbox.

also, is it necessary to use a FTP program to connect to the Xbox in order to make backups. I saw so extensive guides that seem to require quite a few programs..this one in particular.

http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/iso-backup-guide.php

2. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

3. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Teleported!

4. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

youll be lucky to create xbox backuos with a cd burner, 1/ cos only a handful of xbox games FIT on a cd!
    (rollercoaster tyc. is the smallest xbox game Ive come across, at around 300mb)

5. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

you dont HAVE to have a modchip with the xbox, there is TSOP (flashing mo/bo onboard bios) and software exploits you can do
    personaly though, I would still go for a modchip