1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making backups from RCA dvd standalone recordings

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by gr8mpg, May 26, 2007.

1. gr8mpg

gr8mpg Member

I have transfered several vhs home movie tapes to my RCA standalone dvd recorder in the HQ and 2hr modes and can't seem to make backup copies in Roxio disk copier & have even tried decryter & shrink without success. What kind of format is the RCA recorder using? If I use a dvd-rw in the RCA for the vhs transfers, my computer dvd drives won't recognize the rw at all. (it says there is no disk in the drive)
    This is driving me crazy because I have several dvds of the kids and I can't make any backups. My computer recognizes dvd+ and - but won't make a copy. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

2. MysticE

MysticE Active member

First off are you finalizing the discs? My older Pioneer gives me a choice between recording in VIDEO (standard VOBs) or VR, with .VRO files that aren't readable by much.

If you 'Explore' your burned disc what do you see?

3. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

use the DVD dash R or the DVD plus R in the RCA recorder then

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2007
  4. gr8mpg

gr8mpg Member

Thanks: All of the burned disks were finalized. I did finally make a copy of my + & - dvds using decrypter & shrink using different settings that I found (after a long search) in one of the posts. The RW's can't be read on any of my computers but will play on all of my dvd players. It may just be the disk (Imation). I purchased some Maxell RW's today and will try one of these. Thanks for the help.

5. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

yeah stay away from the Imitation horrible media

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2007