1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

making backups of my ps2 games using decrypter

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by coxie, Sep 28, 2004.

1. coxie

coxie Guest

hi if anyone can help it would be very apreciated i have decrypter and have tried to make back up copies of my dvd ps2 games as my puppie i got likes to eat the originals but for some reason they just wont play on my ps2 maybe im doing sufin wrong here im not sure, ive rattled my brains for hours and its doin my head in now

2. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

You need some type of modification done to be able to play backups of your PS2 games in you PS2.

It's not like making a backup of a dvd and playing it in your PS2, the games read a different format.

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Sep 28, 2004
  5. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

I would rather you try that than piss on me :)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Dell 8250, Pentium 4 2.80GHz
    1.5 GB RDRAM, 700GB HD
    NEC 2510A, Sony DDU-1612 DVD-ROM
    XP Pro SP2, ATI All-In-Wonder 9000 Pro[/small]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2004
  6. coxie

coxie Guest

i have read the forums and they dont really tell you to much aprt from to use dvd-r which i do!!!! (ritek dvd-r 4x) and to burn at a slower speed, now my ps2 is about 3 years old but what i can gather is that you should be able to play back ups on any ps2 and that you dont have to have your ps2 chip neither, if im wrong about any of this pls correct me as i really dont get wer im going wrong and im pritty much gonna smash my pc and ps2 up soon, well hopefully you have some answers it would be great as i dont fancy forkin out on another load a stuff if u know what i mean

7. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

as geestar said eariler to play dvdr backup games in your ps2 console you need to mod it with either a no swap solder mod chip or you can use the swapmagic boot discs with either the fliptop or slide card, have a look at this thread it should answer most of your questions http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/69274

8. coxie

coxie Guest

cheers for the link devil mate its superb think i got it all now :0)

have a good day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!