1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

making backups

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Pat_b_30, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Pat_b_30

Pat_b_30 Guest

ok i have a modded xbox with xenium and a new 120 gig hard drive. now i wanto be able to take games and copy them to my hard drive and then play them without the disk. could someone please tell me what i gotta do to be able to do that...what programmes to install how to install them..and where to find them..thanx

2. Cerious

Cerious Member

OK, put the game into your xbox. Boot up to your dashboard first...Now use flashfxp for your uploading and downloading. Ok so your game is in there open up your flashfxp and ftp to your box. You should see folders on the right. Your D folder is the game. Just copy the entire contents of D to your Hard drive PC. Then copy that folder back to your XBOX HD which is F. There you go that is it. You can also make a ISO of the files in that folder and burn for later use. Be sure its your own backup!!

3. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

4. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

The first thing you will need to do before you can install any homebrew apps that you can use to make backups of your games, is flash your chip with a good bios. You can't load any applications that have any MS code in them from the xenium OS. Just about anything you need to know is at xbox-scene.com in their tutorials section.
    http://www.xbox-scene.com/tutorials.php
    Check out the tut on learning to use xbins, it will help you find the apps and bios you need.