1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

making copies of dvd movies....

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by elbestion, Jan 22, 2007.

1. elbestion

elbestion Member

ok..listen up closely.....my only question is will this work???

I burned an image of a dvd movie (Meet the Parents)with NERO to my hard drive....it is an ISO file...however its size is 8 gigs....so i can't burn it into a regular 4 gig blank dvd...so what i am trying to do is buy a "Double Layer 8.5GB blank dvd"....by the way it is a 8.5 Gbytes of storage capacity on a single-sided disc--No need to flip the disc. .....this is the link just in case you dont' understand.... http://www.supermediastore.com/verbatim-95310-dvd-plus-r-double-layer-media-1-pack.html ...now ....if i get this blank dvd and burn the image i had on my hard drive to the blank dvd .....will it produce an exact copy of the dvd movie ?????? I would really appreciate any response. THanks
    [/b]

2. gamename

gamename Regular member

try using imageburn. if your not familiar with how to use this app. do a search, there should be alot of guides on it. imo its the best at burning dl media.

3. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

the answer to your question is YES! A dual layer disk will allow you to burn that image file without compression..... and gamename gave good advise as to what software to use to burn to disk! the only concern is the size of that image file.... you should be ok. Remember you need to have room for lead in and lead out + the ISO to equal less than 8.5GB! Pushing an 8GB doesn't leave much room for the lead in and lead out! good luck.

4. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

there is no reason to put this movie on a dual layer disk it will fit on a single sided dvd just fine, also you do have a dual layer burner right? you wil need to have one of theese if you are wanting to use dual layer media, also you will pay more for the dual layer disks, also you can get a exact copy with a single layer disk

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You might get the Movie and all the features on a single layer disc but it will not be a true exact copy (1:1 copy). Transcoding/Encoding it to a single layer disc will lower the quality of the video.

If you did decide to Transcode/Encode the DVD to a single layer disc I would recommend using DVD Rebuilder with an encoder like CCE.

Plus as rdmercer1 has said you will need a Dual-Layer burner to be able to burn Dual-Layer media.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2007
  6. m4nv33r

m4nv33r Member

why is it 8gb anyway

use dvddecypter to get a vob

then use nerovision to burn it

7. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

I had a large movie that I ran through Shrink and then ran it through nero Recode and put it on a 4.7 it was a music video and old clips anyway so, it did not matter what it looked like as long as you hear the music I dont think I would do this for a good video .Some movies do this to put it just out of reach so you cant burn it unless you shrink it and put it on a DL