1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making copies of old TV shows?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by thomas44, Jun 22, 2007.

1. thomas44

thomas44 Member

I've copied some old TV shows from my VCR to my new DVD recorder (Panasonic DMR-ES15). I then tried to make a copy from the new disc to another disc but I was prevented because of copyrighted protection. Although I was still able to copy the new disc back to a VHS tape with no problem. I'm using Memorex DVD -R and DVD +RW discs. Also, when I made a new copy to a VHS tape I then had a copyrighted protection as well to prevent me from putting that on disc.

I was reading where some channels like HBO won't allow you to make copies but these are shows from the old WB network and they are about 6 or 7 years old.

Any suggestions on how to make copies? I don't have a DVD burner on my computer. Just a stand alone DVD recorder.

2. attar

attar Senior member

You could rip the disk to the hard drive using DVDFab Decrypter, but I don't know how you copy a disk without a burner?

http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

3. thomas44

thomas44 Member

Thanks for your reply attar. I wasn't even able to make a duplicate copy of my sister's home videos.

I've been planning on getting a new computer with a DVD burner. This should speed up the process. I'm sure then I could use the information you gave me as well as the other information I've been reading about on this site.