1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making copy of Scare Tactics DVD Region4 to Region1

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by stevengc, May 20, 2007.

1. stevengc

stevengc Member

Received a gift, 3 disk set Scare Tactics, however it has region code 4 and net copy made for region 1. I've attempted numerous times to make a copy and have been unable to play it on my DVD connected to my TV. I can view it no problem on my pc. I'm using a Sony DVD RW DRU-700A. Tried DVDFab Platinum, Alcohol 120%, DBD Decrypter, DVD Shrink 3.2 and wasted many disks. When I play DVD copy on TV the picture displays as if the vertical frame was off and flickers. How can you get this to work and verify that the ISO file is region 1?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

I'm not exactly following what you're trying to do, but if you're in Region 1 (US or Canada) you have an NTSC television, which I can almost guarantee will not handle the PAL formatted signal from a Region 4 disc. The good news is that it's relatively cheap to buy a player that does. My last one, a Daewoo, would, and I've heard of other cheap Asian (ie Korean or Chinese) players that would. Other than that, you'd need to convert it to NTSC (which is somewhat difficult if you want to do it right, and extremely difficult if you want to do it right and keep functional menus) or move to a PAL country. Fortunately most of the world has PAL television if you decide to go that route.