1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making dvd covers

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Atmos, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Atmos

Atmos Member

Hello, i am wondering if anybody knows how to make the dvd covers fit onto the template, sticker paper(the labels i bought from the store). i am using Nero to make the covers, but i dont know how to make them fit into the sticker that i print out. Thank you.

2. zombieman

zombieman Regular member

been awhile since i used it but there should be a paper set-up option whenever you choose to print. It should allow you to tell it what type of paper you are using. it will then print it correctly on your labels. I finally got a CD printer and dont use the labels anymore.

3. colw

colw Active member

Atmos

Save yourself some trouble further down the track - not a good idea to put labels on burnt DVD's.

Labels will eventually lead to playback problems on standalone players.

4. Hotdog59

Hotdog59 Guest

Atmos

Nero has loads of label types pre defined under File/Paper Stocks. Just find yours or create your own if you cant find it then use File/Preferences to set it as the default. However, save yourself a lot of hassel and get a CD/DVD Printer.

5. paulsy

paulsy Member

any idea were i can buy a cd-dvd printer,are they expensive...live in N Ireland

6. K-Dawg

K-Dawg Member

The Epson Rx00 series prints directly onto printable DVD/CD media and does quite a nice job of it.

The product line starts at about $99 CDN for the R200. They also do a very nice job of printing photos.

Beware though -- the printer requires 6 ink cartridges and replacing them costs more than the purchase price of the printer.

If you can't find one at a retailer near you, google it and I'm sure you can order one on-line.

The Epson series is to my knowledge the only printer sold in north america that offers direct printing to dvd/cd media, but I remember reading that Canon offers this feature on a model only available in Europe.

Hope this helps.

7. Hotdog59

Hotdog59 Guest

Paulsy

Epson R200 Photo CD\DVD Printer... Currys,Argos,Comet,Dixons,Tesco,Sainsburys and more
    loads of online shops with prices from 65-85 quid. Watch out for the Ink Carts. Epson will cost about 15 quid each but you can get compatibles for a pound or two on line.

8. paulsy

paulsy Member

nice one hotdog i'll have a duke and see what the craic is...P

9. zombieman

zombieman Regular member

I have a epson r320 and it works great. i paid $200 for it at bestbuy. it does take 6 independent ink cartriges, however this makes for better photo printing according to epson. the cartridges cost right around 13$ per cartrige at bestbuy. Also in the long run it saves money having the 6 cartridges rather than the simpler two. that way if your running low of one shade you simply replace it vs. the entire color cartridge.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2005
  10. Atmos

Atmos Member

Does putting cd covers on the DVD back up really damage the movie, and how its played??

11. bklyn1028

bklyn1028 Regular member

abcink.com has replacement epson cartridges for $27 with the online coupon, no tax and free shipping.

12. daddyo

daddyo Member

paulsy

If you go for the R200/300 check out diskdepot.co.uk for compatible ink carts at the moment there just 6 pound a set and there just as good as the original epson carts be quick as they wont be on offer long, Shippin might be a bit steep to N Ireland though but its still a steal

Anyone else in the uk after some carts heres the direct link http://www.diskdepot.co.uk/acatalog/Epson_R200_300_500.html

Cheers

Tony

Last edited: Jan 13, 2005
  13. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

First to answer the original post. The lables you bought in the store should have came with there own software, and this is much better for creating your labels because it was designed for your labels so you will have no problem making them fit onto your labels

Second I get my Ink here http://private.abacus24-7.com/
    Very cheap $4 a cartridge and work very well. You need to watch where you buy some no name brand ink cartridges though because I have bought some that were terrible before (running ink, poor quality) The ones from the link I provided are very good I couldnt tell a difference in them and the original Epson Ink

14. daddyo

daddyo Member