1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making DVD-R with movies larger than 4.7GB

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by evovolvo, Jan 4, 2002.

1. evovolvo

evovolvo Member

I'm not interested in lowering the quality so it will fit on one DVD-R disc, but to split the movie up on to two DVD-R discs (or a double sided). Anyone have any ideas how to make this work ?

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Rip the VOBs and burn half of the VOBs to other DVD-R and half to other.

3. evovolvo

evovolvo Member

Doh :)

I want the DVD to work in a stationary DVD player so I need correct .ifo files etc. I can't just have a .vob file on the disc.

4. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Obviously -- use DVD authoring tool that allows VOB imports and just select the VOBs for each DVD-R.

5. tlippy

tlippy Member

What is a good DVD authoring tool that allows VOB Imports? I've been playing with this for a while, but I maily copy Anime and TV show dvds, which have episodes, so I simply put half the episodes on 1 dvd and half on the other, and it has worked fine. Movies on the other hand are giving me some trouble. If you can please recomend a good program that will allow me to put the second half of the vob files on to a dvd i would sure appreciate it. Also, will it allow for menu's and chapter selection to be added manualy?

thanks for any help.

6. eminesco

eminesco Guest

Use vob merge to make one vob, then use qiuckbuildedemo.
    here you can put your one chapters.
    then, with the same quickbuider, simulated on hdd.then just copy the video_ts and audio_ts on a dvd-r, using nero