1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making DVD rips smaller but not too much

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by H0mes, Mar 14, 2003.

1. H0mes

H0mes Member

Okay I literally have 3 dvds Signs, Minority Report and the Matrix that I have ripped and such too just be very little oversize. Okay, i know i can use ReMpeg2 to make is smaller but the highest scale factor is 90% I only need like 98%(its that close on all of them). What should i do, any other fairly easy programs i can use? Your help would be greatly appreceited.

2. memcco

memcco Regular member

if you only want the movie...no menu, no extras, then get dvd2one. it doesn't get any easier than that!. i use dvd decryptor in file mode (select movie), then fire up dvd2one. it's great.

3. H0mes

H0mes Member

Ya I do use that, but after I use DVD2one its still to big, thats where i have my problem i need to make smaller after that step.

4. WalterPK

WalterPK Member

Homes,

Believe me, if you use Rempeg and shrink it using a factor of 90%, you still aint gonna see any deterioration in quality , unless of course you go up to the tv with a microscope when playin the disc! ( more noticeable on a plasma screen , when using the microscope!!!!!) Yeah, i wish i had one, saw a nice eone in Comet last month for the princly sum of £12999 ( although it was MASSIVE)

Anyway, one digresses,give it a shot, i think you'll be pleasently surprised.

i know it may be a pain in the but, but don't lose sleep over 8%, espacially when your scale factor is so high to start with.

5. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

I've done SIGNS,MINORITY REPORT,STAR WARS etc with DVD2One and had no problem with oversizing of project file cos it can be verified manually to your own specifications.

HERBS