1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making Image Files

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by xpakratx, Oct 26, 2004.

1. xpakratx

xpakratx Guest

I need help making image files, preferable iso's so i can save them to a hard drive and play them using Daemon Toolz. Some of my older DVD's I can use nero and EZCD 6, but the newer ones, like The Patriot have CSS encoding and Nero will not touch it, neither will DVD Clone or a buncha other ones, I can copy it, but I do not want copies i want images. I am going to iraq for a year and have a 120G external HD that i want to use for image files so i don't have to take my DVD's and risk damageing them. Any help on this topic is greatly appreciated, thank you.

2. RdCruiser

RdCruiser Member

Take a look at [bold]Alcohol 120%[/bold]. This is an excellent program for making ISO files.

3. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

Have you tried DVD Decrypter? It should do the job.

Question...why are you saving them as images? Why not just as VOBs? The standard players (eg. WinDVD) will play VOBs from a VIDEO_TS folder.

Adder.

4. xpakratx

xpakratx Guest

Please excuse my ignorance, but how would i save the vob files? is that how DVD XCopy works? I got it to save a file and can play the movie that way with the player, but if I can get it save as a ISO i can put a drive emulator on my work computer but not DVD Software.