1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making just the menu

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Boomsly, Feb 6, 2005.

1. Boomsly

Boomsly Member

HI i've made a dvd with dvdsanta I have about 20 different 4-5 minute videos in a video_TS folder I also have the audio_ts folder. I would like to make a menu with nero because you can add video as the background (WMV format) along with an mp3 file. and you have lots of options for button variations, text fonts/colors etc. I've tried tmpg dvd author but it won't allow me at add wmv video file as a background, let alone an mp3 file and it's a real pain to use. I also have dvd lab but that program is way too damn complicated. all i need is to make a menu with nero and export it to my dvd folder. Any help is appreciated.

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

You can't.
    The menu becomes part of the VTS, and must be included during the process of creating the VIDEO_TS folder.
    Nerovision will not do what you want.
    DVDLab will.
    Import the .vob's into dvdlab, create a menu, compile, burn.
    I have a guide at www.videohelp.com to do this.

3. Boomsly

Boomsly Member

Ok Everything seems to have worked out ok, yesterday I was able to burn a dvd with dvd lab no problems, but today I imported my new project (all the video files that were in Video_TS) and I made my menus about 7 of themlinked them properly with next and prev page buttons. and I compiled the dvd it said "done" in the compile box. So I clicked burn and now it says the media I have inserted is unknown. I've tried two different TDK dvd+R 4x blank dvds and a Memorex dvd+r 4x and it will not recognize any of them. I also cannot find any driver updates on sonys website. Any help is apprecaited.

4. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Check the VIDEO_TS folder that dvdlab created.
    Make sure it's got the proper dvd structure.
    If so, burn it with Nero, using the DVD VIDEO template.

5. Boomsly

Boomsly Member

Just checked it and to no surprise for some reason dvd lab didn't inlcude the audio. ohwell I'll try encoding it to a diffrent format.

6. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Get ffmpeggui and transcode all audio to AC3 48khz, then import that into DVDLab.