1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making Menus

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by gpcii, Feb 27, 2007.

1. gpcii

gpcii Guest

Isuue:
    I video taped an event by hooking my camcorder to my laptop. The software that I used was WMM (Window's Movie Maker). I then edited the video and burned it to DVD. All is well... It plays properly and so forth. Yet, it's not "fancy" enough.

I want to author the DVD. I want menus. I want to create my own backgrounds etc...

So, I loaded the WMM file into NERO. (I don't know the version, it came on my laptop, Nero Express?) This will allow me to do what I want but only to a point. I can have a customised menu screen with one button that plays the DVD. If I go into the file and make chapters I then can have a one page menu that has buttons for each chapter. But this still is not what I want...

What I Want:
    1. A main menu.
    2. On that menu, three buttons.
    3. The first button plays entire movie
    4. The second button takes you to a chapters menu (You can guess what you do in the "Chapters Menu".
    5. The third button will play a short "extra".

Any suggestions?
    Any Programs?
    The cheaper the better.
    Remember, I'm dealing with a WMM video.
    PS. Speaking of WMM...

I wouldn't mind that whatever program you suggest, if it has a input from camcorder function. Then I wouldn't use WMM in the future.

Thanks!

2. magus7091

magus7091 Regular member

I've used nero in the past and got away from it because it's very restrictive, and I usually have issues with ANY program that tries to "do it all". That being said, however, I believe there is a way to create a "title menu" using nero (if I remember correctly you have to create a title menu, and chapter menu) with it linking to the first chapter of the first title (the main video) as the "play all" button. You could then have a text link to the chapter menu, and the extra could be title 2 from your title menu.

3. cp1966

cp1966 Regular member

I use Pinnacle. I have used 8, 9 and now I am using 10. I have very seldom ever had a problem. My PCs are usually close to cutting edge.

Pinnacle version 109 does all this stuff, and it is very fun making the movies! You can get it for $100.

My current PC has a Intel dual core 2 6600, 2 GB of RAM, a 7800 GT Nvidia graphics card, and as suggested, a seperate hard drive for storing the files because they are HUGE!