1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making music playlist in WMP 11 to stream to 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by schweet, Jan 15, 2007.

1. schweet

schweet Guest

Gday gday

I've got my 360 hooked up to the PC and have been streaming music and movies from the PC to the 360 no dramas, but I can't seem to get a working playlist.

I created a playlist in WMP 11, then went to check it out from the 360 dashboard and out of about 20 or so songs I added to this playlist, only one song shows up in the playlist when viewing from the 360. If I access the playlist from WMP 11, all the songs are there and play fine.

The one song that appears on the 360 is an MP3 file, but so were the other files I added to the playlist so I don't know what's going on.

The name of the playlist is there on the 360 but like I said, only one song out of all the ones I added is there when I open the playlist.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2007
  2. johnblaze

johnblaze Regular member

Are they all in the same folder? Maybe the folders for the other mp3 files aren't shared out.

3. schweet

schweet Guest

Yeah all the music files are from the same folder - the 'my music' folder.

4. ModdaMIke

ModdaMIke Guest

i too have the same problem, i was never able to get a play list to stream correctly, so i just gave up, but if any light is shed on this i would love to know

5. johnblaze

johnblaze Regular member

Are you guys using Window's Media Connect for streaming? I use this and haven't had any problems so far.

6. schweet

schweet Guest

I just tried to find windows media connect, but according to the microsoft site you can't download it on it's own anymore because it's now integrated into windows media player 11.