1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making my own PC to xbox 360 power converter

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by jerecho, Jan 20, 2012.

1. jerecho

jerecho Regular member

I have an extra benq drive (w/ 0800)and power cable that the xbox uses to power the drive (the 12 pin female to female type)
    I am looking to be able to power the drive with just my pc but I don't want to have to purchase a connectivity kit. I have seem some guides in various places by just doing google searches but they all seem kind of hoaky...

Can someone recommend a good guide to somehow go from molex to the 12 pin cable to the xbox drive?

Thanks for any suggestions

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

And i thought i was the KING of cheap round here,you have stolen my crown,i bow down at your feet & chant 'hail jerecho,hail jerecho,hail jerecho"

:p

3. jerecho

jerecho Regular member

Lol. I saw a connectivity it on eBay but it was 13 bucks with 8 shipping. I just figured if I could just twist a few wirenuts for free why not.
    I just bought a ck3 probe for 18 bucks but only after a week of trying to make my own. I guess I am cheap!

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Until you came along i was proud of my self imposed title,i gave it to me after a thread last year about the cost of the xkey & how much i'd be prepared to spend on it,you have beaten me by a measely $32.00,ok i need to go i got some serious training to do hehehe

5. jerecho

jerecho Regular member

Ya I'm a pretty cheap ass guy. My favorite is going cheap, breaking whatever it is, then spending 3 times what it would have cost in the first place!

6. peluynati

peluynati Regular member

i have 1 of the 13 dollar ones, its actually made better than the real thing, my real one both the mode b and eject buttons fell out within 2 weeks, the cheap one is still going strong after a lot of abuse!