1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

making single layer xbox1 games play on the xbox 360 questions?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by maddawg4, Jun 13, 2007.

1. maddawg4

maddawg4 Member

Sorry if these have already been answered but i did a search and did not find what i was looking for.

What is the best and easiest way to make a single layer backup of my original play on the xbox 360, cause i looked at xdvdmulleter and i dont understand what the LAYOUT thing is?

Is that qwix program easier or better?

can someone point me in the right direction for the tutorial on xdvdmulleter beta 7.0.

thanks sorry if this has been answered.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

you may want to check the xbox 360 section.
    Only if you have a modded 360 with a Samsung drive will you be able to play a single layer back up. If your drive is a Hitachi you need to make the Xbox 1 game into a dual layer game in order for it to work.

3. maddawg4

maddawg4 Member

thanks for the reply

i have a samsung drive

so can anyone point me in the right direction to an updated tutorial, like i said i havent seen much.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

Quick Rip Guide for Xbox 1 Games Using Xbox Backup Creator

1. Open Xbox Backup Creator.

2. XBC will automatically recongize the disc as an Xbox 1 game and rip it accordingly, dummy the ss and padding the video necessary for 360 backups.

3.Under drive tools click unlock drive and rip as normal from the read tab.

4. At this point, owners of Samsung Drives (with Extreme Firmware 5.1 or later) will have the option of extracting the iso and resizing it to DVD-5 if they choose. Owners of Hitachi-LG drives will have to burn the Xbox 1 game to a DVD+R DL. If you use DVD Decrypter/ImgBurn to burn the game to disc, be sure to take note of the layer break contained in the dvd file created during the ripping process. Open the dvd file with notepad and copy and paste the Layer Break info into DVD Decrypter/ImgBurn (1.3 and earlier only, ImgBurn 2.0 and later will automatically determine tje Layer break from the .dvd file) under the appropriate tab. Be sure to set it back to 1913760 afterwards, if you use these apps to burn 360 games.

Resizing Xbox 1 Backups to Single Layer for Use on Xbox 360

What's required:

1. Modifided Xbox 360 with Samsung drive Xtreme firmware 5.1 or later Note: DVD-5 (single layer) Xbox 1 backups will not work on modded Hitachi drives!

2. Backwards compatibility update applied

3. Xbox 360 HD (update cannot be applied with just a memory card)

4. Original Xbox 1 game on backwards compatibility list (XBC and Schtrom's won't rip backups of Xbox 1 games- DVDXMulleter will, but it has very mixed results, best to use original Xbox 1 games)

5. Samsung SH-D162C

6. Xbox 1 Iso App, I reccomend CloneXB or Extract Xiso

7. Xbox Backup Creator 2.4 or later or Schtrom's 360 Extract 3.2

8. Xbox 360 iso tool capable of extracting Xbox 360 Images, XBC's built in iso browser will work fine

Guide:

1. Insert your original Xbox 1 game in drive and make sure it's on the backwards compatibility list.

2. Open Xbox Backup Creator.

3. Click the drive tools tab. Click unlock drive.

4. Click the read tab and click start.

5. Pick a name and destination for your image and click save.

6. Let it rip, should take 10 minutes or so.

7. Once the image is finished ripping, click the image tools tab. Click Image Browser.

8. Go to File-->Open Image File.

9. Browse to your image file and click okay.

10. Create a folder on your desktop with the same name as the game (i.e. Ninja Gaiden).

11. Left click the file tree so that the iso is the only thing showing in the image browser. Right click the iso and click extract. Select the folder you created earlier and click okay.

12. The image will extract, should take 5-10 minutes, depending on the size of the image and the number of files.

13. Once the image is finished extracting, close XBC.

14. Open your Xbox 1 iso tool of choice.

15. If the game is too big to fit on a single layer disc after extracting, look around and see if any files can be deleted to allow it to fit on a single layer disc.

16. Create an Xiso from the game folder with your Xbox 1 iso tool.

17. Burn the Xiso to disc with ImgBurn or your favorite burning app.

That's it, you now have a single layer Xbox 1 iso that will play on 360!

Pioneer 111D- Not a Necessity

There's a lot of people who encourage 360 modders to buy the Pioneer 111D for burning backups. It is not a necessity. Any Dual Layer burner will work for burning 360 games, almost all newer burners support book typing as well. Booktyping DVD+R DL to DVD-ROM is necessary for older revisions of the Xtreme Firmware for either Samsung or Hitachi-LG drives. The Pioneer 111D is a fine drive, but certainly is not necessary for burning 360 backups. That's to be confused with the Samsung SH-D162C which (flashed with Kreon's fw) is necessary for ripping 360 games.

5. maddawg4

maddawg4 Member

thank you, i did it and it looked like it worked then it said:

error

x: 5805.0 B: 1884.0

6. steimy

steimy Active member

well that is the only tutorial i have, and i know the person who wrote it so i can assure you that it is correct. Personally i have never needed it as i have a regular modded Xbox so i just play Xbox games on that.

7. Weasrock

Weasrock Regular member

Hey steimy, I'm getting mixed messages about if you can play xbox dvd5 backups on a samsung 360. Teammodders(awesome site!) told me this "There used to be support for dvd-5's with the xbox1 games, but that has since been taken out because it was thought this was one method that MS was using to ban people from Xbox Live. So, unfortunately, dual layer is they only backup medium for the 360 at the moment."