1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making Slideshows

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by boriscat, Jul 28, 2015.

1. boriscat

boriscat Member

Is there some open source software for making slideshows that will work from a USB stick on any computer or smart TV?

2. revengineagain

revengineagain Newbie

Not 100% sure about the smart TV thingy, but I use Wondershare DVD Slideshow Builder Deluxe. When creating a slideshow You can save DVD files on your PC, ISO files, or both. Use the simple mode first until your comfortable with what your doing then switch to Advanced mode. Use all of the slideshow features on your first slideshow, and you will be very happy with the stunning slideshow it will create for you. I've tested a lot of slideshow software, and Wondershare seems to be the best. Good Luck,

boriscat likes this.
  3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Don't smart tv's have a function to do that so long as the pictures are in a folder on a stick,check the tv user manual.However slideshows on a computer should be able to be done natively by it's operating system,can't remember how it's done as in the past i did it accidentally while looking through a picture folder.

4. boriscat

boriscat Member

You're right Scorp any Windows can use the desktop and run a slideshow on there. However I'd prefer a USB stick with something that could run simply and easily.

5. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Chances are for pc use you may find something over at portableapps.com.However a tv would most likely not be able to run a software,it would in all likely hood have to support slideshows as part of it's own operating system,basically needs to be a smart tv to do it i would think.Other option would be some sort of portable device like a tablet or even a phone.Can't recall whether a friends tv read a thumb drive of photo's or not,pretty sure it did from its usb port