1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making sure: blaster 360 + sata to usb converter.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Sonysoft, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Sonysoft

Sonysoft Member

Ok, hi all, i'm finally gonna give in and mod my 360...i just REALLY hope i dont mess it up!, so im being ultra careful on what im gonna buy etc, Im thinking of getting the blaster 360 alongside a sata to usb converter such as this one here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SATA-3-5-2-5-IDE-3-in-1-to-USB-2-0-Cable-Adaptor-UK_W0QQitemZ290083288536QQihZ019QQcategoryZ74941QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    If i installed the blaster360, could i just attach this to the blaster and then put the usb end into the pc, turn the mode b switch on and have it recognised?? or is it more complicated than that?, do i need to open my pc and connect it anywhere or anything? thanks for reading.

2. Sonysoft

Sonysoft Member

Oh shit...i just realised blaster360 isnt released yet, i feel such a dumbass lol. Is there another easy way to flash 360 like with this, should i use the connectivity kit and the sata to usb converter up there?

3. Boston84

Boston84 Member

if you have a hitachi other than 78 than xecuters usb with connectivity kit is so easy to work with.

4. Sonysoft

Sonysoft Member

yea, thanks man im gonna do that,order it along with x360usb to get it free. I was mainly so interested with the blaster360 so i could dump my 360 games to the pc easily, now i dont rli want to wait on it. I also know that there is a drive that allows 360 rips, but i have no more room for another drive in my computer after my brother ordering his drive to backup his wii games. Is there anyway to just dump the 360 games quickly, like ps2 games??

5. modster

modster Regular member

blaster 360 is released today and shipping from reseller starts 2/15/07.

I just purchased 2 sata and drilled two small holes on the side of my xbox 360 and run them to the outside. that way I can close my xbox 360 and never have to open it up again to update my firmware.

I did not want to spend $79 + shipping US for blaster. that is way too much!

6. Sonysoft

Sonysoft Member

yea man, i agrea it is bloody extortionate, but i would rather not drill holes in my 360, just kinda uneasy with the idea lol, anyway are these shipping dates for the uk asswell?, thanks