1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Malcolm in the Middle stumps DVD Shrink 3.2 (with error messages)

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by DarKnyt, Jan 31, 2005.

1. DarKnyt

DarKnyt Member

Odd problem here. Backing up Malcolm in the Middle, Season 1 released 10/29/2002. I've backed up other dvd's before and after this failure with no problems.

When I try to use DVDShrink 3.2 directly off any disc in the series I get this error when it tries to encode:
    DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue. Programming error - exception occured. The parameter is incorrect.

So I figured I would go ahead and use the latest version of DVD Decrypter on it. It ripped it fine, but then when I try to open the files with Shrink from the Video TS folder DVD Decrypter created, I get this error message:
    DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue. Failed to open file "C:\MALCOLM_IN_THE_MIDDLE\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO"
    The system cannot find the file specified.

Does anybody see what I'm doing wrong? It's kind of strange to think that this disc released over 2 years ago would be stumping DVD Shrink to begin with. Maybe I've got something wrong with the date.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I just noticed that even though DVD Decrypter had the dialog box up that said it had completed successfully, only 4.04 GB were in the folder, when the disc has 7.46gb. Also there is a file called VIDEO_TS - stream information in the folder as well. Huh?

2. Veblin

Veblin Active member

In DVD Decrypter use.
    Mode > File F

It sounds like you used.
    Mode > IFO I