1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MAME on PSPSLIM

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by cradledan, Dec 6, 2007.

1. cradledan

cradledan Member

Hi, i have a PSP Slim CFW 3.71 M33-3.

I am having trouble getting MAME to run. i get the infamous "this game could not be started" message. I put it in the GAME150 folder.

any help would be appreiciated.

2. cb0635

cb0635 Guest

3. cradledan

cradledan Member

sorry, i should of said, that is the one i've tried...

thats what confuses me, i know it should work, but it just aint... do i need a plugin or something? because the error code im getting is about a PRX file? aint PRX files plugins??

4. cb0635

cb0635 Guest

ok try putting it into the game folder not game150. if that doesnt work can you post the exact error message

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2007
  5. cradledan

cradledan Member

ive sorted it! i was using just the normal eboot from the mame4all folder, so i used usermode version by overwriting the orginal eboot for mame4all with the one from the usermode folder, and it worked! ^_^

6. sava66

sava66 Guest

I am using a fat psp and I can not get my psp to load my mame4psp, the new one. How do you add new games like Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. Do you just add the rom set to roms? Is there anything else you have to do? The error I am getting is, the screen just turns black. The same thing is happening as I am trying to update from 3.52 to 3.80 m33. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.