1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MAME roms not working

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Chingo, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Chingo

Chingo Member

Hello fellas,

I have a few arcade roms on my XBox that work and some that don't. Some of the games that don't work on MAME will run on FBAXXX emaulator. Some just don't run period. Does anyone have a link of a list of roms for MAME that will run on the XBox?

Sorry if this has been posted before but I have been doing quite a bit of searching and haven't found too much. Some people were saying something like some games are cloned and MAME only plays original files. Or that some settings need to be tweaked for the rom.

Can someone point me to the right direction PLEASE?????

2. scamino1

scamino1 Guest

sometimes if the game size is tooo big the xbox wont read the game.You can upgrade ur ram to 64mb to fix this problem. Or just wait for a new mame-x to come out.I dont know which games work

3. yungplaya

yungplaya Member

Because I kinda got a got a problem to with mame mines have marvel vs capcom and it said something about being (out of memory) when it was loading but I think its the 1st mame though and its only like 4 games and they are like 2mbs and down.

4. yungplaya

yungplaya Member

I also got a problem with my mame i tryed to get ,"house of the dead, marvel vs street fighter,metal slug. and they dont even show up well the 1st and last games dont and marvel says its (out of memory) so I dont understand that how do I fix this?

5. scamino1

scamino1 Guest

6. yungplaya

yungplaya Member

Ok first it says when i erased the files you said on the e drive and it still says "Fatal Error Malloc failed! (out of memory) resquested 4194304 bytes, 3862528 free". and the mame is under f:/apps is where the mame is at does that matter in this case and just for the record I went to the ftp to erash those files.

7. yungplaya

yungplaya Member

Oh yea and another question do you know any good games that would work on mame for xbox?