1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mameos128 plus problem.... cant play any games.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by ja835, Apr 27, 2007.

1. ja835

ja835 Member

Hi can someone help me with getting the games to work. I keep getting an error message, tes3verb.2 and so on down in a lie. I keep my roms in the roms folder. I don't know if I'm using the right mame roms or not I'm a total noob with this stuf.

Thanks in advance.

2. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

Mame emulators on xbox use an older version checksum and file format. Mameox is a PC port from Mame32. Roms are extracted from their game boards and formatted differently each and every time. I don’t know why but I have always disliked this. I have a huge library of mame roms but I can’t play them on my xbox only on Mame32. The developers don’t preserve older rom headers file names and extentions nor does Mameox emulate new ones. As mame gets updated so do the file format and extensions of it. It would be great if a mameox build existed that supported old and new file extensions and formats but since Microsoft currently has a hold and is against mame development ports on xbox I doubt it’ll happen. Buy yourself a gamepad and play them on your pc that is your best bet.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2007
  3. ja835

ja835 Member

Thanks... Yah that sucks. Oh well.

4. Burnasty

Burnasty Regular member

I don't know what games you are trying to play but you may want to look into final burn alpha (fba). Mame is never updated but fba is. I use both but I think fba is better. It is mainly for neogeo, cps1 & 2. You can get it from xbins.

5. ja835

ja835 Member

I'm not much of a mame buff, but if I could get one working... its a start. I don't know what cp1 and cp2 are but I'll look to see if I have any.

I have neogeo games as well, but they dont seem to work. They are missing files as well. Any way to repair them, I hear of rom center but I don't know how to work it, so I gave up.

6. Burnasty

Burnasty Regular member

I would assume they are not bad roms but rather you don't have the neogeo bios. FBA is designed to play all neogeo much better than any other emu. If you want to use mame, just download neogeo.zip, you can get this from romnation.net (the neogeo bios)and you should get most of your neogeo games to work.

7. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

I didnt know fba existed, ive got to get this.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  8. ja835

ja835 Member

Oh man, I'm going to try that right now. Thanks! What are some of there best games?

9. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

If you cannot connect to xbins, you can download from here. Theres a huge download section of emulators availiable on xbox.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  10. ja835

ja835 Member

I gave it a shot, but it said files not found bios and ect. Any way to fix that?

11. Burnasty

Burnasty Regular member

neogeo and capcom games, I like all the marvel vs. games and street fighter series. The 2-d fighters pretty much ruled the 90's.

12. Burnasty

Burnasty Regular member

In mame, are you selecting the path where to find the roms. I believe the path is really wierd by default. I would check that if you haven't yet.

13. ja835

ja835 Member

That was the only thing it found. I dont have a saves folder, but I dont think that has anything to do with it.