1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mameox...roms work on one Softmoded Xbox and not on another

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Darkwolf2, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Darkwolf2

Darkwolf2 Member

OK. I have done EVERYTHING I can think to do...I hope someone has a simple silver bullet to solve my problem.

My 1st XBOX is:
    Softmoded XBMC 2.0.1
    Initially moded with Mech Assault exploit
    Ndure-EvolutionX Dashboard: 0.38.0515A Build 565
    Kernal Version :1.0.5838.1
    Harddrive:250 GIGS .60 mod - 1 big F drive.
    Mameox release 2005: Roms on the system work perfect

My 2nd Xbox is:
    Softmoded XBMC 2.0.1
    Initially moded with Mech Assault exploit
    Ndure-EvolutionX Dashboard: 0.38.0515A Build 565
    Kernal Version :1.0.5838.1
    Harddrive:320 GIGS .67 mod - 2/3 goes to F drive the other 1/3 G drive.
    Mameox release 2005: Roms(EXACT copy from XBOX#1) everyone of them says error.

I have now spent approximately 30 hours on this. :'O.

I user XBOXHDM on the 2nd xbox to dupe the factory hard drive...it is locked. SNES, U64, KIXX, all work fine. But every mame rom will not work. It says different files are missing, they aren't. But if I port the same rom to xbox#1, works fine.

Also while writing this, I got to thinking, the ONLY thing I have not done is put back in the factory harddrive and test to see if Mameox will work with the same roms. Slow load time, but it frikin works fine.

I will port the working mame over to my pc make a new XBOXHDM with the working Mameox on it. Then format the drive and install the already working copy back on it. In the mean time, if anyone has ANY suggestions that might work please let me know. I have promised the guy his XBOX for about 2 weeks.

Regards,

Darkwolf2054

2. Darkwolf2

Darkwolf2 Member

Weirder and Weirder

Took the working Mameox off of the factory hard drive. C & E drive along with the Bios and created a new XBOXHDM ISO. Unlocked, formatted the drive AGAIN, copied everything where it is supposed to be including 3 roms. Locked the hard drive. Put it in the xbox, re-moded it same as before…and it worked. YEAH!

But, then I created another folder copied the same 3 roms off of the original hard drive on my network. Ran the Mameox with that directory, get errors…all over the place.

Now are you ready for some really out there results?

The working XBOXHDM rom shows up as being 1.8 megs. The one I just copied off of the original source that made the XBOXHDM version is 2.2 megs. And on my working Xbox-mame console it is 2.2 megs. So somehow a shrunken version of the same rom that was originally 2.2 megs is not missing any files, but the bigger 2.2 megs original file is missing some files. The missing file error happens on ALL roms.

Any help is appreciated,

Darkwolf2054

3. Burnasty

Burnasty Regular member

Are you sure your mame is configured to run on universal bios in the settings? I think it is set to euro bios or something. Have you downloaded the neogeo bios and a few other much needed bios for many roms to work?