1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

managing DVDFab with VOB blanker....

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by ricks1, May 16, 2007.

1. ricks1

ricks1 Member

After many posts about superiority of these two freewares compare to RipIt4Me and DVD Decrypter, I thought I give it a go since the DVDFab can also rip HD dvds now.

Here is my question. After ripping the dvd I import the VTS file to VOB blanker. In there I have options of blanking the segments that I do not want. However when I blank it out the size of the file only cuts down in half. so there is alot of wasted space that is included in the final file. Also, I thought the "Strip" option would take a segment that I don't want out completely but nothing changes in the file size.

Is there an option or setting in DVDFab or VOB blanker that I can set to just rip "movie and menu"??

Also, can play back the riped HD dvd movie on my computer or on my TV (through the set up that I have from my computer to my tv)??

All the feed back from you AfterDawn Addicts are appreciated :)

2. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

to my knowledge there is no option in DVDFab(free) for ripping movie and menu only, however you can do this manually with VOBblanker, by basically blanking or deleting everything except the movie and menu, now usually you will find the movie menu in the same VOB file(VTS_??)

yes that is correct, basically the only thing you can delete is useless menus