1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manhunt Freezing Issues

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by louhazosc, Aug 26, 2004.

1. louhazosc

louhazosc Member

Running a modded X-box with Slayers Evox. Just bought Manhunt and the store bought copy freezes and X-box locks up right after the opening credits. So tried backing it up just in case the disk was bad. Did it using QWIX for the ISO, I did patch the .xbe, the used both NERO and DVDDecrypter to burn the image and got the same freezing results. Just for the heck of it I also tried backing it up directly onto the X-box HDD, same thing. I saw this issue on another post but it didn't seem to get much resolution and some people got it to work no prob http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/83181. Anyone solve this issue or know anything about it? The people that got it working used Craxtion but I can't see how Craxtion would work and not QWIX and I'm having issues loading Craxtion anyway. Thanks

2. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

What type of xbox dvd drive do you have?

3. louhazosc

louhazosc Member

Just your standard Thompson I believe. Yeah cause it's a version 1.1 xbox so it must be. I'm going to burn yet another copy now since I got Craxtion running (forgot to install net 1.1) and also going to shut the IGR off in the xbox BIOS and set the system clock and see what happens but I don't think it's promising.

4. louhazosc

louhazosc Member

SOLVED:
    Very Easy. Create an ISO image using QWIX (free download) and make sure that you go into tools and patch the DEFAULT.XBE file. Now I also did one with Craxtion 4 and it didn't work at all, I mean nothing, so go with QWIX. Burn the ISO using DVDDecrypter (also free download avail.)Now you have to go into your Evox BIOS System Settings and turn off IGR (or In Game Reset) It resides in three separate places: [Misc], [FTP] and [RDTOOLS] just make sure all 3 are set to NO. Then jump to your MS dashboard to change the system time and date if they are completely off, mine was something like November of 2000. That should do it. I don't know exactly what did it, the time/date thing or the IGR but it's works now. If you are unsure about what I mentioned with making the ISO and using DVDDecrypter there are tons of tutorials out there and if I can get it anyone can.

5. ch0p

ch0p Member

few questions for you:

i was having the same problem with manhunt. wouldnt run off the hdd or dvd-r (using Craxtion 4.0 + NERO to burn). i saw that on the hdd there is an extra .xbe (the original xbe put there as backup)

i just deleted that and it ran fine off the hdd. i beleive the problem was that Manhunt detected an unknown file within it's folder and wouldnt run (many games have that protection).

check the backup of Manhunt that works. does it the patched xbe and the original or just the patched?

6. CryztalD

CryztalD Member

Also remember that the System Clock needs to be set to a normal time (not x/x/8907) for it to work properly.