1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Many Newbie Questions

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jazzsnob, Mar 21, 2007.

1. jazzsnob

jazzsnob Member

Okay. A few questions.

I'm doing two things.
    1. Using tivo desktop and transferring tivo shows to my dvds.
    2. downloading shows (mostly avi and ogg format I think) from bittorrent and burning those.

So my questions are....
    1. I have a philips Dvp5140. Which dvd +/- R work best with this? Right now I just have some generic office max/depot cheapies.

2. When I've been copying my bittorrent shows that were avi or ogg I've used dvd shrink to make them into avi files and then nero to burn them. It seemed to take hours though. Is there a quicker way?

3. What's the best way to handle tivo desktop and the tivo to go, to trasnfer shows from my tivo to my desktop then to a dvd, to my philips player?

Thanks so much.

2. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Heres a very basic guide on how I burn my AVI files to DVD using NeroVision, a standard movie will take anything from 1.5 hrs to 2hrs

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/356114/2104525

There is a very comprehensive guide composed by alkohol in my sig, click on the link.

No NO NO NO NO Use GOOD quality discs, Verbatim or Sony (made in Japan)

Poor quality discs WILL cause burn failures and you will end up with a COASTER collection.