1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

many ps2 mod questions

Discussion in 'PS2' started by tehmod, Sep 29, 2007.

1. tehmod

tehmod Guest

i would like it if someone could help me plz

1) When you mod a PS2, how does it generally work? I want to know about the ps2 security and how all the mods/swap magic and stuff get past it.

2) why do I need a flip top if I get a swap magic or modchip?

3) what is best way to mod a ps2? i heard from many that swap magic is the best, but I'm not sure, a mod chip sounds good also...then do I need the magic key switch as well or a flip top?

4) I heard that swap magic doesnt load ps1 backups...but will an emulator work? the swapmagic website says "Swap Magic 3 support almost all SEGA ROMS, SNES ROMS, PS1 & PS2 Games!!". But however, the video link is broken...

5) And where is the cheapest place to buy all this stuff?

That's all I want to know, thx for helping me. I really just want to know the best options for my PS2, if it helps I have a slim PS2 SCPH-75001

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2007
  2. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

I am going to hope that this thread can help you a bit.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/290701
    There are some excellent tutorials on here in the PS2 DVD section and the General Section. Give it a shot.
    Read up a bit first on all the methods. The search function is also excellent, just type in what topic you are interested in and search. Believe me all the info is here if you just search each topic.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2007