1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Many Questions--What is flash0???

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by keshwala, Dec 5, 2007.

1. keshwala

keshwala Regular member

i heard that if you brick your psp you can unbrick it if you have a backed up flash0. I dont know what flash0 is. and is it true if you have backed your Flash0 you can unbrick your psp and how to do you back up your flash0 someone please answer my questions :)

and even if you brick and can go into recovery menu how can you unbrick it????

Thanks in advance :)

2. tmbm

tmbm Regular member

kesha lets just say you brick yyour psp (cant access recovery) (and is just used for a house) <---get it "brick" how will you access USB to access the flash0?

3. drakex

drakex Regular member

In fact, there are 2 flashes in the PSP, Flash0 and Flash1... they both contain information, main information of the PSP so if you get your Flash0 or 1 corrutped, you are suppose to have a backup... if you get a backup of Flash0 in order to fix it cause there is NO other way of accessing Flash0, except with a pandora an a backup of your own NAND or flash0

4. keshwala

keshwala Regular member

So let me summaris, so if i have backed up my Flash0 file, and just say i brick my psp, then i can just load my Flash0 backup instead of using pandoras battery? and my psp will be unbricked??

5. Ashman_91

Ashman_91 Member

no not really its good that you have backed up your flash but it dosnt effect the recovery of the psp you will still need to use pandoras battery flash backup is only good if you are planning to flash lets say gameboots and you dont like it then you can recovery the flash to its original state.

6. jdesmond

jdesmond Member

If I backed up my NAND do I still need to back up my flash 0. Also should I back up flash 1? Please link to a guide on how to back up
    flash 0. And I backed up my NAND last night using pandora and magic mem stick version 3.71m33-2. When i backed up the NAND though i was on 3.90m33-3. Did i do it wrong. Thanks in advance.