1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mario Party 8 NTSC bricked a PAL Wii

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by jaspain, Jul 9, 2007.

1. jaspain

jaspain Member

Hi

My colleague has recently just updated his Pal Wii with the Mario Party 8 update NTSC and now has bricked it, any ideas on how to fix this?.

He was going to try the Big Brain Academy fix but it looks like its older firmware is this true?

Many Thanks

J

2. DraTs

DraTs Regular member

Yeah plenty of ideas, for instance the search function, as bricking using wrong region games has been discussed MANY times before.

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

It still astounds me how many new threads are started on a daily basis on region brick issues with all the over whelming information that has been reported in about every Wii Forum that is out there on region brick issues.

People need to start researching before putting a piece of hardware into their Wii system and figure out what the Do's and Dont's are before installing a Modchip.

But I guess it shouldn't be to far out of the ordinary to get all these new threads started on brick issue. Of course if they didn't search for how to prevent a region brick then why would they search on how to recover from it.

Wait till Free Loader is released for those who want to play imports without installing a Modchip. These Region brick types of threads will probably overrun the forum.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2007
  4. jaspain

jaspain Member

sorry for asking..

I am just glad that other forums dont offer as much attitude.

Where are these posts as I cannot find them?

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

The thread on Region brick issues and how to prevent it is sticked at the top of the Wii forum.

As to the so called attitude you say we have, before posting a new thread you are supposed to search to see if your question has already been asked and answered. Your question has been asked and answered multiple times so that is why you will get an attitude.

Let me guess your new to forums and didn't know you where supposed to search. Well when you signed up on this forum you where told to read the forum rules before posting or staring a new thread so there is no excuse because the rules clearly sat to search before posting.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2007