1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mars 3 Mod Chip Help

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by jackpot2, Jan 24, 2005.

1. jackpot2

jackpot2 Member

Ive tried soldering my mars 3 mod chip in twice now, and i cant get it to work, im just wondering if anyone would have any answers or suggestions for me. the first time i soldered it in and tryed it out, the only thing that happened was that the reset button and the fan would come on, and i would be able to put it into sleep mode too. but nothing else. now disk spin or laser movement. and now the second time, i tried it, i only can get the reset button the turn red. but nothing else. not even the fan to come on, and i cant get the ps2 to go into sleep mode anymore either. i desoldered the mod chip and wires out of the ps2 after the first time, to make sure i hadnt messed that up, i tested it out and it worked. it spun up and all kinds and laser movement. im just wondering if anyone would know of anyhitng, thanks for your time.

2. cz0840

cz0840 Member

You obviously had a solder bridge between the BIOS pins, I have only installed a Mars 3 in a V9. I can send you an installed picture and/or if you want me to install it for you, let me know.

- Kurt

3. jackpot2

jackpot2 Member

if you would like, i would like to see a picture of your install. thanks