1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Masking ps2 backups with a Sony DRU-510a dvdr drive

Discussion in 'PS2' started by caraloca, Mar 14, 2004.

1. caraloca

caraloca Guest

Hi, I am trying to make back ups of ps2 games with my Sony DRU-510a but I can't, when they load in my ps2 system they only get to the part where it said "playstation 2" and I think wow is comming but no it doesn't. The only game that goes a little bit more is fifa 2004, I get to see the fifa 2004 image.
    I have also a hp dvd burner and I have no problem with it.
    I am using alcohol, dvd decripter, stomp record now max.
    I am using verbatim, tdk media, princo, both - and +.
    Is there any new issues with my burner that it can't burn ps2 games?.
    My dvd burner is slave in the second ide and the master is a cd burner, but I am sure this is ok.
    I read all the post about my burner in the forum and found no solution, also i updated my firmeware but still the same.
    My ps2 can read both - and + dvds.
    maybe this is silly but I got to the point that I am thinking that maybe because my burner is a sony and ps2 is a sony too some how it won't let me.
    Any help will be great.

2. Ender88

Ender88 Regular member

I have the same burner and it works fine. I've heared the new firmware has problems with other people. hopefully not. Y not just burn on your hp burner like you said?

3. caraloca

caraloca Guest

Yours it works fine with ps2 games?.
    maybe I should remove it and install it again.
    About my hp burner I want to sell it because only burns + media and this Sony burners is dual.
    Thank you for the help.

4. Ender88

Ender88 Regular member

No worries, yea maybe that will help. what did u do to make it stop working?

5. caraloca

caraloca Guest

actually never really worked since I got it last week, well, I burnt a movie but the frame rate was bad, I tried it again with other software and it was better.
    also I noticed that like a reader it is very slow.
    about the ps2 games, I can see the burnt marks on it, so it looks like is written to it.
    The thing is I bought this driver just to burnt ps2 games mainly.