1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matchstik Men Backup

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by blakeas, May 13, 2004.

1. blakeas

blakeas Member

I am trying to back up my Matchstick Men DVD and have encountered some problems - I am using DVD shrink to decrypt and encode and using Burnatonce to burn the DVD - When i encode it ask me what region is this DVD going to be used for. This is the first time i have ever gotten this message - I chose the USA region and encoded it and then burned it. When i tried to view it in my DVD Player (it is the Panasonic s35) it said it could not read the disk? What am i doing wrong?

2. blakeas

blakeas Member

I am using Verbatim Media and have not had a problem with this media with the other backups i have done - and they have all worked on my DVD player.

3. movie_777

movie_777 Member

blakeas,

I have gotten the same message on other DVDs but I don't change anything and I click OK. All my DVDs work. Try that and see if it works.

4. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

I did matchstick men using dvd shrink and nero without a hitch.(not that this is going to help you)

You will get the region message from time to time but as movie_777 says,its not a problem.

5. blakeas

blakeas Member

ok so when dvd shrink asks what region this is for I should just disregard it and dont change anything and then hit ok - And i should get a decent backup? What is the purpose of that message in DVD Shrink?

Is their a free version of Nero? If it is freeware does it have all the capability i need for burning or are there limitations since it is freeware.

I also recordnow DX - should i just use that?

6. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

blakeas try using dvddecrypter which is free. You don't need nero using the combination of dvdshrink and dvddecrypter.

1)open dvdshrink
    2)open disc
    3)click "backup!"
    4)change target destination to ISO Image File
    5)check box to launch dvddecrypter

some people say to perform deep analysis to improve the quality. I've never noticed a difference, except deep analysis takes longer. so if you've got the time, why not. (perform deep analysis is in the backup options tab)

6)click ok