1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matrix chip problems

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by rob&keri, May 7, 2007.

1. rob&keri

rob&keri Regular member

I have a slimline PS2 with a Matrix infinity chip, after I got it installed it worked fine. I started having disc read problems which the guy fixed and then they started again, this happend twice.

I haven't really played the consol since he fixed it last time (made some excuse about it being dirty and stuff inside the consol) I keep it in a proper bag and I've got about 10hrs play time max since he fixed it.

It has started not reading the discs again (either back ups or origionals), I cleaned the lense with a Q tip and it worked but guess what? it has started again. I want to sell it to buy a Wii but don't want to sell something that will not work two days down the line. I can't get in touch with the guy who fitted it as he doesn't answer mobile or e-mails.

Any ideas would be grateful

Rob

2. ps2modgod

ps2modgod Guest

What version is the PS2? If the laser is still good enough to boot CD-R's you might be able to install HDL to your memory card and boot your back-ups from an HDD in your PS2 avoiding the laser all together.