1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matrix Green Dot screwed up my ps2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by b4k4ever, Jun 10, 2007.

1. b4k4ever

b4k4ever Member

I'm new to modding, in fact my cousin who works for a software corporation did it for me, so I'm not all too familiar with the Green Dot's options. For some reason, Rogue Galaxy won't play, but other games will, (i.e. Guitar Hero, modded or ntsc) yet it will play on an unmodded PS2. Anyone know why?

2. b4k4ever

b4k4ever Member

Okay, now after tampering with the settings, NOTHING will play on my ps2. I don't understand this at all.

3. b4k4ever

b4k4ever Member

Even though I'm just responding to myself right now (maybe I am impatient or I'm just the only one on this board) but now the modded ps2 has started to scratch up my disks. I don't know WHAT the problem is, luckily the game that got scratched is a rental. Someone with experience or expertise PLEASE respond...

4. steimy

steimy Active member

you will need to provide more information and i am sure someone can help. If not here then go to Teammodders.com and post in the PS2 modchip section. They install those all the time and may be able to help you get it sorted out. The last i remember Rouge Galaxy was a DVD9 so there may be a setting on the chip that you need to enable to get DVD9 (dual layer) support. And many people have had problems with modded versions of Guitar Hero's.

What version PS2
    What options does your chip show and what are they set at
    What settings did you change and what was it before you changed it (hopefully you wrote them down before messing with them)

5. b4k4ever

b4k4ever Member

my ps2 is v12, unfortunately i do not know what the settings were before i messed with them, i believe it was at default. (isn't the modchip supposed to adjust to whatever disc is inside anyway?).

The current problem is more than just Rogue Galaxy not reading, NO game I put in will read anymore.

current settings are as follows:
    v1.68
    ps2 screen fix: ntsc
    y screen fix: off
    psx screen fix: off
    mc16 patch: off
    atad auto patch: off
    macrovision fix: on
    green fix: off
    dvdvideo region: 8
    dvd9 dl support: on
    boot mode: auto
    pad detect time: 10
    boot logo: on

i read somewhere that a guy fixed his problem by moving the laser reader to the outside, but since mine was already on the outside, i inversed his solution by moving it closest to the center, and that temporarily solved my problem until Rogue Galaxy started to choke on me. turned it off and couldn't get anything up since.

also, i read on the matrix infinity main website that there was some kind of v12 death syndrome thing going on, could i possibly have that? hopefully some kind of insight could be made available with this information here.

6. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

nevermind

Last edited: Jun 12, 2007
  7. steimy

steimy Active member

the "death Syndrome" they are talking about is most likely the laser problem. Having a V12 i hope that ou had a laser fix installed with that modchip or your laser may burn out on you. ALL V12's should have a laser fix installed with your chip, and any good mod shop usually does this as it is very cheap to buy, about $10.

Other than the laser it could be the arm that moves the laser along the disc, or just that the laser has been knocked out of alignment and needs to be adjusted. Some people have even done "pot tweeks" to adjust the laser voltage to get them to work better.