1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matrix Infinity and Action Replay

Discussion in 'PS2' started by WhoCares4, Aug 9, 2004.

1. WhoCares4

WhoCares4 Member

I recently purchased a premodded PS2 with a Matrix Infinity installed. I was going to play a backed up copy of FF X yesterday, but I wanted to use my Action Replay. It started to load up just fine. It went through thr loading screen and even the introduction video. But then, it completely froze when it started to load up the menus. All can see is the background and toolbar at the top. It never loads past this. I've tried it about 10 (literally) times and the same thing happens every time. I've updated to the most recent firmware for the Infinity as well.

I'm not sure what version the Action Replay is (or how I can even tell) but is there some incompatibility problem with the Matrix Infinity and the Action Replay? Is there an alternate way to use chaet codes?

And I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I did at least what I thought was a pretty thorough search and couldn't find anything.

2. WhoCares4

WhoCares4 Member

Oh, and while I'm here, how do I turn my mod chip off? Or put it into sleep mode?

3. WhoCares4

WhoCares4 Member

Anyone?

4. foundmy

foundmy Guest

press start button when turning on the ps2.

it will display a disabled screen.

tap reset and your MI is disabled now.

5. WhoCares4

WhoCares4 Member

I really appreciate the reply. I de-activated the MI, but now when I try to boot up Action Replay it give me the "Please insert a Playstation or Playstation 2 format disc" error. Otherwise, it seems to boot any other disc as normal. I now it's not my copy of AC, because I have a second (non-modded) PS2 and it works fine in there.

6. WhoCares4

WhoCares4 Member

Anyone else?

7. WhoCares4

WhoCares4 Member

No one else?

I'd really appreciate it if someone could at least point me in the right direction.