1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matrix Infinity boot on V7 PS2

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by XCaliburZ, Dec 21, 2004.

1. XCaliburZ

XCaliburZ Member

I managed to have the chip installed on my ps2 and it boots properly, but it does not read backed up games still. (getting the dreaded red screen).

I've checked the bridging as other posts have suggested and they're all alright. Anyone have similar problems or ideas with resolving this?

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

did you get the homebrew version that requires the firmware to be flashed

3. XCaliburZ

XCaliburZ Member

no it isn't.
    i read in another post that a Matrix Infinity logo appears under the sony logo when it starts up, I am not seeing that either. Original games work fine, but when i try a backed up copy the red screen appears.

Just going to add that if I hold reset on the PS2 (like I would if i were to switch it off or something on some other modchip my friend has) i get a black screen and it appears to freeze.

I was wondering how would you identify a Homebrew version vs. the non-homebrew? the reciept i got does not mention homebrew version, but the website sells both versions, maybe a possible mix up happened...

Last edited: Dec 21, 2004
  4. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member