1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matrix Infinity chip keeps on reading backup GTA as a DVD video HELP PLEASE!!!!!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by tolu515, Jan 24, 2005.

1. tolu515

tolu515 Guest

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

2. tolu515

tolu515 Guest

HELP PLEASE!!!!!

3. haddyh

haddyh Member

Hey u gota make sure u got ur setting correct in the inifity menu. when u turn on ur ps2 push or hold TRIANGLE and CIRCLE on your controller you should get the matrix infinity configuration menu and make sure ur settings for BOOT MODE are AUTO. thats my only guess for that problem....... so check that out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. tolu515

tolu515 Guest

thanx. I'll try that.

5. tolu515

tolu515 Guest

still doesn't work. Anyone help?

6. gorec9897

gorec9897 Regular member

does it do this with that game only? upgrade your firmware if you havent already (v1.39 is the newest). if it does this with other games you might want to take a look at your installation. try holding "select" button and while the game is in the drive continue to hold "select" and press restart (this will boot in ps2 fast boot - strange problems sometimes require strange solutions). also try disabling the chip and then re-enable.

Also try re-recording the disc with a different type of media.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2005
  7. haddyh

haddyh Member

Hey maybe it sjust ur cd ur using or u burn too fast.. ANYONE else have this problem of screen not adjusted liek the screen is too high up or too low or too to side liek the screen is shuifted so allitle black on botom or top.?????? or could it just be my tvs that i got. they arent that old but then again they arent brand spanking new.

8. haddyh

haddyh Member

One more thing how the hell do you people have such nice ocmputers.??????????????????????? on almost any computer or game forum people liek the guy above . have great computers. lol ill alsolist my specs. comp 1. amdxp 2400+, 512mb DDR 3200mhz, 64mb g-force4 mx400, 17 flat tube monitor , 40 gig hd, msi somethgin mainboard and a dvdr rw 18 speed.

comp 2. wich sucks asss. p3 667 mhz 352 mb ram i tink which is fucked up and does strange shit to comp. 32mb onboard gfx card. and a shitty 17 inch not flat monitor, cdrw drive

9. haddyh

haddyh Member

HAAAAA HAAA i goty somethgin to brag about my ps2 is a version 12 slim one . . damn treky geeks showing off with their gaminmg computers

10. gorec9897

gorec9897 Regular member

haddyh, you need to relax a bit man. chill dude ;) I built this computer I am using now if that is your question. in fact I build alot of computers. I try to get the best for the best price since I can alway build a new one in a couple of years I guess. I dont see the point of your prevous posts though; I dont see how this will help with the guys matrix prob.

11. haddyh

haddyh Member

do u have any problems with ur ps2 screen adjustment.? ever. i got a ps2 slim ver 12 with a matrix infinity chip.

12. gorec9897

gorec9897 Regular member

[bold]do u have any problems with ur ps2 screen adjustment.? ever. i got a ps2 slim ver 12 with a matrix infinity chip.[/bold]

no, it works fine

13. haddyh

haddyh Member

dam ur fast its almost likea instant message

14. haddyh

haddyh Member

u know of any applications for infinity chip besides the free hd loader and the reality media player???????????????

15. gorec9897

gorec9897 Regular member

http://www.zophar.net/consoles/ps2.html

modify the system and install files to put on your memory card, not all work with the memory card exploit though (that includes the matrix manager exploit)

I know the neogeo cd, snes, gen emu's work though. all of these are freeware emulators*.

* = all listed on the weblink

16. haddyh

haddyh Member

COOOOL BUUT DO U KNOW OF ANY OTHERS I WANT PLZ ANY COOL ONES GIME LINK OR TELL ME THE NAME OF DIFF APPLICATIONS FOR MATRIX INFINITY CHIP!!!!!!!

17. tolu515

tolu515 Guest

The problem is when the console boots up and I go into the browser there's the memory card when I move the the selecter to the disc it says "DVD VIDEO". When I push X the screen turns black and the "play, stop, pause,etc symbols show up.

18. gorec9897

gorec9897 Regular member

ok, does it only do that on GTA?

19. gorec9897

gorec9897 Regular member

did you try everything i listed already and you still have a problem? That last message was a repeat of your inital post, can you tell me what version of firmware is installed on your matrix, what version of ps2 do you have, what media are you using & how fast and what program you use to record?

the ps2 fast boot thing might work if your chip has a loose/bridged connection freind; I have heard of bad solder jobs on A' wire and the SCEX'wire and ps1 boots only when forced, its worth a shot although your problem is different.

Plus I need more detail on your ps2 and pc to get a better understanding of whats going on if you want to find a way to resolve this problem.

most likely its your recording software or your dvdr media.

20. gorec9897

gorec9897 Regular member

I think you can find the rest for yourself, it should'nt be to difficult just run a search. they have an mp3 player, memory card killer and lots and lots of others.