1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matrix Infinity Chip

Discussion in 'PS2' started by DuUkE, Feb 16, 2007.

1. DuUkE

DuUkE Guest

A friend of mine installed a chip for me, the model is Matrix Infinity 1.53....It's been working fine for about 2 weeks but 2 days ago I turn it on and it wouldnt read any of my backsups or original, I tried unplugging tehe power, wouldnt help, but today It works again fine...now I;m thinking somehow I turned the chip off my accident and turned it back on again by accident... Does anybody know the proper way of handling these chips, like so I wouldnt turn it off again like I did before. The ps2 model that I have is 71000, which is the latest one I think.

2. jenko6a

jenko6a Guest

sounds more like you have a copy of a MI. The proper way to disable the chip is to hold select (or possibly start) on boot up unstil it says disabled

3. inline

inline Member

Start it is.
    So when you start your ps2 just push start until it says.
    Chip Disabled > Restart your PS2 (without putting it in to standby).
    To enable the chip again: you have to put it in standby (or power off) > then reboot your ps2.

So if unplugging the power wouldn't help, it is not your chip being disabled.

4. DuUkE

DuUkE Guest

Someone has said that I might have accidently activated flash or auto recovery. Does anybody know what that means, and how do I do that.

5. inline

inline Member

I don't think you can recover your flash on a matrix infinity.