1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matrix Infinity help

Discussion in 'PS2' started by j_ripper, Jan 31, 2005.

1. j_ripper

j_ripper Member

I have been doing some research, and I believe that I have decided to go with a Matrix Infinity. Does anyone recommend a reliable website to purchase one from? I heard that there are clones that can cause problems.

I have also noticed that there are two versions (regular and a 'homebrew version'). I haven't seen the homebrew one to purchase on any website, anyone know anything?

If I get an authentic chip, is there any problems with upgrading software (v1.39 is recent)? I have seen some for sale with older firmware(v1.36), and I want to make sure that that wouldn't cause any problems.

2. j_ripper

j_ripper Member

Any advice????

3. gorec9897

gorec9897 Regular member

hey freind :)

[bold]Matrix Offical Homepage:[/bold]

http://www.infinitymod.com/cgi-bin/matrix/site.pl?page=chip_infinity

Matrix Infinity is a great chip and here are some reliable sources; The clone that you will want to stay away from is called the Modbo ;)

[bold]Official Matrix Team Resellers:[/bold]

http://www.infinitymod.com/cgi-bin/matrix/site.pl?page=reseller

I have an official matrix chip in my unit, it upgrades with no problem and the config options work great. The new ones with v1.36 are compatible with the new v12 and those can be upgraded too ;-)

A quick way to tell if your chip has the new flash, is to check the dot on the chip there will be a blue dot if the chip has the newer v1.36 flash & yellow dot on the chip for the v1.0 flash or v1.2 [bold](depending on purchase date, I got mine last year; updated from v1.0 to v1.3 - now its been updated to v1.39)[/bold] depending on the release date of the chip.

It really doesn’t matter as long as the unit is not a v12, otherwise I would try to get a blue dot to start with. I think most are blue now (I think').

Not that this matters but the modbo will say modbo on the chip [bold](since your getting the chip from an official reseller this would not be a problem)[/bold].

Last edited: Feb 1, 2005
  4. j_ripper

j_ripper Member

Thanks for the response. I will order through one of the official reseller's site tonight.

5. RX7-FC

RX7-FC Guest

Hi,
    i have a ps2 scph 70006 ntsc and a infinity v1.38.
    when i was finish updateing the firmware V1.58 and restart the ps2. then the screen apear MATRIX and can't get back to ps2 screen and load any games . Can please give me some advice to get out the MATRIX and get back to ps2 screen. how to install firmware V1.58? maybe i install wrong so i get error.

6. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

Do you mean firmware version 1.54? 1.58 has not been released yet. Perhaps you have a fake Matrix. Check this out -

BURNING TO CD:
    - Create a directory on your desktop or other location of your HD.
    - Unzip the ".cue" and ".bin" files present inside the .zip file into this directory.
    - Open your preferred burning program (Nero, alcohool120%, etc etc.) and choose option to burn a "CD-ROM ISO".
    - Press the file selection button and choose file type "Image Files (.cue)".
    - Navigate to the directory where you unzipped the V1.3 files and select the "infv13.cue" file.
    - Burn the CD.

UPGRADING INFINITY:
    - Insert the burned CD into the PS2 and press reset.
    The CD should boot authomatically and you will be presented with the Upgrade Screen.
    - Follow instructions on screen to upgrade Infinity.

- NOTE : You can always recover from a bad flash with the following procedure:
    Put Upgrade CD into PS2 and put PS2 into standby.
    Press "reset button" and keep pressed until blue light turn ON (on V1-V11).
    (For the V12 press reset button from standby for 2-3 seconds as there is no blue light).
    Leave "reset button" and Upgrade CD will boot.
    Follow on-screen instructions to complete the Upgrade procedures.

7. jashsu

jashsu Regular member

8. RX7-FC

RX7-FC Guest

how do u reset if i have the thin ps2

9. RX7-FC

RX7-FC Guest

where can i buy the real matrix infinity

10. RX7-FC

RX7-FC Guest

how can i recover from a bad flash wit i have thin ps2

11. Ednasaunt

Ednasaunt Member

You have to be very carefull of Clones. Are you in UK?
    i know that there are a few sellers of genuine PS2 modchips in the UK.
    TheBouncer,modchipstore and techwizad are all reliable, i have only used modchipstore.com once and i have used www.techwizad.com a couple of times to get swap magic and a DMS4 chip as well. TBH i find swap magic the easiest option.

12. RX7-FC

RX7-FC Guest

does anyone know where can i found 0.1 mm soldering tip

13. jashsu

jashsu Regular member

14. RX7-FC

RX7-FC Guest

does anyone know is there place that i can find 0.1 tip that can ship in australia

15. RX7-FC

RX7-FC Guest

how come when i use the code in action reply, the ps2 can't boot the dvd game only the cd game

16. gorec9897

gorec9897 Regular member

tap the power button for reset and hold the power button for power off.

go here for an official list, they include websites that ship worldwide ;)

http://www.infinitymod.com/cgi-bin/matrix/site.pl?page=reseller

if you have a clone chip "remove the chip".

if you have a real chip follow these directions below ;)

[bold]"quote from martix infinity team"[/bold]
    You can always recover from a bad flash by hoding the reset button until the blue eject light turns on. This will let you boot the upgrade disc to reflash your Infinity.

try ebay they have resellers that will ship worldwide..

need more info?

17. eddie00

eddie00 Guest

I burn the cue file using NERO and try to upgrade from v1.38 to the latest firmware Matrix Infinity v1.54 but it's always show programming failed. Can someone PLZ HELP ME..... THanks

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2005
  18. ghost101

ghost101 Member

i get the 'programming failed' message as well. ive wasted 3 cds, thinking that the cd was the problem...then i tried upgrading to 1.46...still no luck

19. X_Samurai

X_Samurai Member

same problem with my Matrix Infinity...could someone figure out how to fix this problem,please?
    I used many different cds and also different burning tools like alcohol 120% and Nero.
    Every time the same message:programming Failed
    :(

20. steimy

steimy Active member